‘The Greatest Show on Earth’
Food Walk & Poetry Trail @ Oastler Market
Come to the most talked about market in Bradford with Oastler Traders, Wur Bradford & The Sparrow Cafe as your guide. As Bradford City kicks off so does Oastler Market with its first Urban Food Forage, if you’re an experienced foodie or complete newbie this is the food walk for you. Meet the traders who can show you the true secrets within the market and taste the many foods. After the forage we finish at The Sparrow Cafe with a platter of food and a craft beer. The Sparrow Cafe gets all its food produce from the Market throughout the year, this is absolutely FREE but spaces are limited.
– Go around the world through taste, get to try food from the small traders of Oastler.
– Discover the ‘Lost Art of Market Shopping.’ How to shop in a market from your Vegman, Fish monger and Butcher
– Look at seasonal and local produce including exotic produce from around the world and how to cook with them
– Meet the ‘Spice Man’ who happens to be the nicest man on earth!
– Hear The History of Butchers in ‘My first words were 2 pound 17 & 6’ by John Smith and see the Butchers Mile
The Tour will last approximately 1 hour, finishing a The Sparrow Cafe. To book contact Wurbradford@gmail.com
Poetry has gone MASSIVE! Can you spot the poetry that will be up on Stalls of Oastler on #LoveMarkets day. Wur Bradford & Traders are inviting you to get lost in the world of the market and the words of local artists who will premier their back catalogue of work including
& Many More
The work will be up 11am- 4pm in Oastler Market on the 20th May
Poetry Reading 2pm Fountains Cafe
Poetry Sharing ‘Bring us your poetry!’
Come to the 1970s iconic ‘Fountain Cafe’ for their FIRST ever poetry sharing hosted by Wur Bradford & Poets of the Trail. There will be Tea & Cake at 2pm as artist read their work. Feel free to bring your own poetry to share, swap and talk poetry.
Self Guided Walks.
Can’t make those times! Self guided walks now available. New work from Jean McEwan will provide you with a map to follow so you create your own self guided walk. Pick up at the front entrance.
This event has been brought to you by Wur Bradford in collaboration with Oastler traders Bradford Markets and The Sparrow Cafe for Love Your Local Market fortnight a campaign celebrating British markets #LYLM2017